Effective: 30 June 2021
When we refer to “JamAngle”, we mean the JamAngle entity that acts as the controller or processor of your information, as explained in more detail in the “Identifying the Data Controller and Processor” section below.
2. Information We Collect and Receive
JamAngle may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to a Virtual Message Board by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) routinely submit Customer Data to JamAngle when using the Services.
- Other Information. JamAngle also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
i. Virtual Message Board and Account Information. To create or update a Virtual Message Board account, you or the Customer (e.g., your employer) supply JamAngle with an email address, password, domain and/or similar account details. For details on Virtual Message Board creation, see our in-app Help section. In addition, Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services provide JamAngle (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address.
ii. Usage Information.
Services Metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users work. For example, JamAngle logs the Virtual Message Boards, and features, and links you view or interact with, the types of files shared, and what Third Party Services are used (if any).
Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Website or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
Device information. JamAngle collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
Location information. We receive information from you, your Customer and other third parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. JamAngle may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
iv. Contact Information. In accordance with the consent process provided by your device, any contact information that an Authorized User chooses to import (such as an address book from a device) is collected when using the Services.
v. Third Party Data. JamAngle may receive data about organizations, industries, lists of companies that are customers, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate-level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip (postal) codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
vi. Additional Information Provided to JamAngle. We also receive Other Information when submitted to our Website or in other ways, such as if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, enroll in a certification program or other educational program hosted by JamAngle or a vendor, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with JamAngle.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as Virtual Message Board setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
3. How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by JamAngle in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. JamAngle is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to a Virtual Message Board, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.
JamAngle uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Website and business. More specifically, JamAngle uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Website and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities, or at an Authorized User’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. JamAngle tries to make the Services as useful as possible for specific Virtual Message Boards and Authorized Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of content, channels or expertise to an Authorized User, make Services or Third Party Service suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Services experience, or create new productivity features and products.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages, and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. JamAngle may need to contact you for invoicing, account management, and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
4. Data Retention
5. How We Share and Disclose Information
This section describes how JamAngle may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and JamAngle does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- Customer’s Instructions. JamAngle will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Displaying the Services. When an Authorized User submits Other Information, it may be displayed to other Authorized Users in the same or connected Virtual Message Boards. For example, an Authorized User’s email address may be displayed with their Virtual Message Board profile. Please consult the FAQs for more information on Services functionality.
- Collaborating with Others. The Services provide different ways for Authorized Users working in independent Virtual Message Boards to collaborate. Other Information, such as an Authorized User’s profile Information, may be shared, subject to the policies and practices of the other Virtual Message Board(s).
- Customer Access. Owners, Chief Editors, administrators, Authorized Users, and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify, or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, your employer using Service features to export logs of Virtual Message Board activity, or accessing or modifying your profile details.
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Other Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services, or we may share business information to develop strategic partnerships with Third Party Service providers to support our common customers. Additional information about the subprocessors we use to support delivery of our Services is set forth at JamAngle Subprocessors.
- Corporate Affiliates. JamAngle may share Other Information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- During a Change to JamAngle’s Business. If JamAngle engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of JamAngle’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities, some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective JamAngle customer the average amount of time spent within a typical Virtual Message Board.
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process. Please see the Data Request Policy to understand how JamAngle responds to requests to disclose data from government agencies and other sources.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of JamAngle or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. JamAngle may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
JamAngle takes security of data very seriously. JamAngle works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, JamAngle cannot guarantee that Information during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. When you click a link to a third party site, you will be leaving our site and we don’t control or endorse what is on third party sites.
8. International Data Transfers
In this Section, we provide information about the circumstances in which your Personal Data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and South Africa.
The hosting facilities for our data is situated with Microsoft Azure Cloud in the United States of America and the www.jamangle.com website, which is hosted with SiteGround.com, is owned and operated in South Africa. Transfers from the United States of America will be protected by appropriate safeguards, namely the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission and any additional safeguards, such as data encryption as specified by South African and United Kingdom privacy laws, regulations and standards, and in particular The Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013, and the Data Protection Act, 2018, including the UK General Data Protection Regulation. You can learn more about Microsoft Azure’s privacy commitment here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/trust-center/privacy and compliance with GDPR here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/trust-center/privacy/gdpr-overview.
You acknowledge that Personal Data that you submit for publication through our Website or Services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such Personal Data by others.
9. Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email email@example.com.
10. Identifying the Data Controller And Processor
11. Your Rights
In this Section, we have listed the rights that you have under the relevant data protection laws where JamAngle is acting as a controller / responsible party. Your principal rights under the relevant data protection laws are:
- the right to access – you can ask for copies of your Personal Data;
- the right to rectification – you can ask us to rectify inaccurate Personal Data and to complete incomplete Personal Data;
- the right to erasure – you can ask us to erase your Personal Data;
- the right to restrict processing – you can ask use to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to object to processing – you can object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to data portability – you can ask that we transfer your Personal Data to another organization or to you;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority – you can complain about our processing of your Personal Data; and
- the right to withdraw consent – to the extent that the legal basis of our processing of your Personal Data is consent, you can withdraw that consent.
These rights are subject to certain limitations and exceptions. You can learn more about the rights of data subjects by visiting https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/ and https://edps.europa.eu/data-protection/our-work/subjects/rights-individual_en and https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/index.html. You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your Personal Data by written notice to us, using the contact details set out below.
12. Contacting JamAngle
The Website is owned and operated by Applxbridge (Pty) Ltd. We are registered in the Republic of South Africa under registration number 2003/022842/07, and our registered office is at 183 Albion Springs, Corner of Main Road & Albion Springs Close, Rondebosch, Western Cape, South Africa.